GARMIN LFGL (DIGITAL DOWNLOAD)
Navigate through Lake Fork like the best guides, experienced local anglers, and top bass fishing professionals. Discover safer access to the heavily timbered and less pressured areas of Lake Fork, Texas.
850+ Guide Lane Waypoints
200+ SRA Bouy Lane Waypoints
Guide Lanes were carefully mapped out during the 2014 drought when the lake was 7' low, the lowest point since its final filling stages in 1985.
Refund & Exchange Policy
Digital Download Refunds or Exchanges are not available. There are no refunds or exchanges for another digital file once payment has been made. Files will be available for download immediately and e-mailed to your specified address after payment is made. Please check the brand and model of your unit to make certain it is compatible.
The use of Lake Fork Guide Lanes software or data is done entirely at your own risk. Lake Fork Guide Lanes and its agents and partners are not responsible for any damage to equipment, devices and other property, personal injury or death resulting from the use of Lake Fork Guide Lanes software or data.
Will this data work with my graph?
2004-2020 Models with .GPX data file reading capability
Tested devices: Echomap 73 SV
Contact us to have your Garmin model added to this list.
If you purchased the downloadable version, you will also need a 2, 4 or 8 GB SD card to transfer the data to. Once the data is on the SD card, you can upload it to your graph. Please note, the capacity of the SD card is important and must not exceed 8 GB. Some newer units will accept 16 and 32 GB cards but you must check your user manual for details.
Digital download to SD card:
1. After your purchase has completed, click the download button. An e-mail with the same download link will be sent after purchase.
2. Once the "Lake Fork Guide Lanes Garmin.ZIP" has downloaded on your computer, locate the folder in your downloads.
3. Next, unzip the folder by right-clicking the folder "Lake Fork Guide Lanes Garmin.ZIP" and left-click (Unzip) or (Extract Files). A new folder named "Lake Fork Guide Lanes Garmin" will be created with a file inside named 'LFGL_GARMIN.GPX'.
4. Locate the new folder and double-click to see the file within. Cut or copy the file named 'LFGL_GARMIN.GPX' onto an empty SD card. 2, 4 or 8 GB SD card has been tested to work for most Garmin units.
5. Remove/eject SD card from computer.
Uploading Lake Fork Guide Lanes to your Garmin unit:
1. Insert SD Card Adapter / microSD Card into one of the device slots.
2. Select Memory Card R or L, depending on slot used.
3. Select (Manage User Data).
4. Select (Merge from Card) to add waypoints to existing data.
5. Select the file 'LFGL_GARMIN.GPX'. Press IMPORT.
*Make sure you select the correct file type when you upload.
There will be 2 file types, the file you need to use is 'LFGL_GARMIN.GPX'
6. Are you sure? Press YES to complete.
7. To ensure the waypoints loaded onto the correct GPS locations, go to the coordinates N 32degree49.201' W 95degree33.560'.
If these GPS coordinates match a waypoint labeled 'SRA', then the Guide Lanes waypoints loaded correctly.
8. To ensure all the waypoints loaded check the total number, which should equal 1,081.
Navigating Lake Fork using waypoints:
Turn on your heading/course extension, enable your GPS unit to portray your vessel's direction. Line up your track extension / course projection line and aim at the next closest waypoint. Travel waypoint to waypoint in a series.
Waypoints labeled 'Chaney, Ray, Dale, Wolf, etc." are cove/creek names.
Waypoints labeled 'SLOW' need to be navigated at idle speed or slower.
Waypoints labeled 'JUNCTION' are where two or three lanes connect.
Waypoints labeled 'SRA' are the most optimal buoy positions and can be run at faster than idle speed.
*PLEASE ADVISE: All non-SRA labeled waypoints were dropped in choke points between timbered areas and it is important to drive directly over each waypoint coordinate as you follow them in a series. By using your heading or course extension while navigating, you can aim towards the next waypoint/icon to help guide you. Never rely solely on GPS devices or data for navigation.
Make sure your graph is running the most up-to-date software version.
If your graph isn't reading the card, eject and re-insert.
Most marine navigation units allow a maximum amount of waypoints so before loading Lake Fork Guide Lanes, make sure that your existing waypoints combined will not exceed the unit's maximum capacity. If the number of waypoints will exceed the maximum, then put a blank SD card into your graph, find the (Navigation) Tab in Menu, click on (Waypoints, Routes, and Trails), click (Select All And Export to SD Card), click (Yes). To delete your waypoints after saving them to an SD Card find (Navigation) Tab in Menu, click on (Waypoints, Routes, and Trails), then click (Select All and Delete), click (Yes) to confirm.
If some waypoints are small and others are large find the (Tools Tab) in the (Menu) then change User Mode from (Basic) to (Advanced User Mode) then under the (Navigation Tab) in the (Menu), turn Waypoint Decluttering to "OFF".
Having a specific issue that isn't listed here?
A computer USB device with a SD card slot and a microSD/SD card with 2/4/8/16GB capacity. To determine which SD card to use, consider the model year of your device (lower capacity works better for older graphs).