HUMMINBIRD LFGL (DIGITAL DOWNLOAD)
Navigate through Lake Fork like the best guides, experienced local anglers, and top bass fishing professionals. Discover safer access to the heavily timbered and less pressured areas of Lake Fork, Texas.
850+ Guide Lane Waypoints
200+ SRA Bouy Lane Waypoints
Guide Lanes were carefully mapped out during the 2014 drought when the lake was 7' low, the lowest point since its final filling stages in 1985.
Refund & Exchange Policy
Digital Download Refunds or Exchanges are not available. There are no refunds or exchanges for another digital file once payment has been made. Files will be available for download immediately and e-mailed to your specified address after payment is made. Please check the brand and model of your unit to make certain it is compatible.
The use of Lake Fork Guide Lanes software or data is done entirely at your own risk. Lake Fork Guide Lanes and its agents and partners are not responsible for any damage to equipment, devices and other property, personal injury or death resulting from the use of Lake Fork Guide Lanes software or data.
Will this data work with my graph?
2004-2020 Models with MATRIX data folder reading capability
Tested devices: 800/900/1000/1100 SERIES
HELIX 7, 9, 10, 12
Contact us to have your Humminbird model added to this list.
If you purchased the downloadable version, you will also need a 2, 4 or 8 GB SD card to transfer the data to. Once the data is on the SD card, you can upload it to your graph. Please note, the capacity of the SD card is important and must not exceed 8 GB. Some newer units will accept 16 and 32 GB cards but you must check your user manual for details.
Digital download to SD card:
1. After your purchase has completed, click the download button. An e-mail with the same download link will be sent after purchase.
2. Once the "Lake Fork Guide Lanes Humminbird.ZIP" has downloaded on your computer, locate the folder in your downloads.
3. Next, unzip the folder by right-clicking the folder "Lake Fork Guide Lanes Humminbird.ZIP" and left-click (Unzip) or (Extract Files). A new folder named "Lake Fork Guide Lanes Humminbird" will be created with a folder inside named "MATRIX".
4. Locate the new folder and double-click to see the folder within. Cut or copy the folder named "MATRIX" onto an empty SD card. Any size SD card should work for most Humminbird Units.
5. Remove/eject SD card from computer.
Uploading Lake Fork Guide Lanes to your Humminbird unit:
1. Insert SD Card Adapter / microSD Card into one of the device slots.
2. Wait for the screen to ask if you would like to upload the Nav Data.
*Helix or Solix, on the side of the screen click (NAV DATA), then select the folder "MATRIX". Press IMPORT, select 'MATRIX/DATA.HWR'.
3. Press the cursor right to reply Yes.
4. Wait, (10-45 Seconds) for the 1,081 waypoints to load.
5. To ensure that the waypoints loaded onto the correct GPS locations, after loading go to the coordinates N 32degree49.201' W 95degree33.560'.
If these GPS coordinates match a waypoint labeled 'SRA', then the Guide Lanes waypoints loaded correctly.
6. To also ensure all of the waypoints loaded check the total number, which should equal 1,081.
Navigating Lake Fork using Guide Lanes waypoints:
Turn on your heading/course extension, enable your GPS unit to portray your vessel's direction. Line up your track extension / course projection line and aim at the next closest waypoint. Travel waypoint to waypoint in a series.
Waypoints labeled 'Chaney, Ray, Dale, Wolf, etc." are cove/creek names.
Waypoints labeled 'SLOW' need to be navigated at idle speed or slower.
Waypoints labeled 'JUNCTION' are where two or three lanes connect.
Waypoints labeled 'SRA' are the most optimal buoy positions and can be run at faster than idle speed.
*PLEASE ADVISE: All non-SRA labeled waypoints were dropped in choke points between timbered areas and it is important to drive directly over each waypoint coordinate as you follow them in a series. By using your heading or course extension while navigating, you can aim towards the next waypoint/icon to help guide you. Never rely solely on GPS devices or data for navigation.
Make sure your graph is running the most up-to-date software version.
If your graph isn't reading the card, eject and re-insert.
Most marine navigation units allow a maximum amount of waypoints so before loading Lake Fork Guide Lanes waypoints, make sure that your existing waypoints combined will not exceed the unit's maximum capacity. If the number of waypoints will exceed the maximum, then put a blank SD card into your graph, find the (Navigation) Tab in Menu, click on (Waypoints, Routes, and Trails), click (Select All And Export to SD Card), click (Yes). To delete your waypoints after saving them to an SD Card find (Navigation) Tab in Menu, click on (Waypoints, Routes, and Trails), then click (Select All and Delete), click (Yes) to confirm.
If some waypoints are small and others are large find the (Tools Tab) in the (Menu) then change User Mode from (Basic) to (Advanced User Mode) then under the (Navigation Tab) in the (Menu), turn Waypoint Decluttering to "OFF".
Having a specific issue that isn't listed here?
A computer USB device with a SD card slot and a microSD/SD card with 2/4/8/16GB capacity. To determine which SD card to use, consider the model year of your device (lower capacity works better for older graphs).